Listen to it with your eyes closed; poetry is meant to be heard, not seen. That voice. I don't know how he can read this without laughing outloud.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
rueful admission
This is what I can't stop laughing about lately, by the incomparable former Poet Laureate, Billy Collins. I found a version of it here on YouTube.
Listen to it with your eyes closed; poetry is meant to be heard, not seen. That voice. I don't know how he can read this without laughing outloud.
Listen to it with your eyes closed; poetry is meant to be heard, not seen. That voice. I don't know how he can read this without laughing outloud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brooke, What am I to think? You didn't even make me a lanyard!! (By the way, I had to look it up in a dictionary. And I'm even the winner in Scrabble!)
Mom
Post a Comment