Tuesday, June 16, 2026

A word from Thea

Mama let me type a little thing on her blog, so here it is:

Hi. I’m doing well. I miss Minnesota sometimes, but I like it here too. I see monkeys a lot, and usually my friends like to chase them, but I don’t. We’re going to get chickens and goats! My birthday is coming up very soon. I will be turning 11 years old. I’m pretty excited. I go to school from 8:00AM to 12:00PM. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I go for more school from 2:00PM to 3:30PM. I get a 2-hour break. My friend Jedidja (the J's are pronounced with the Y sound) is teaching me how to speak Dutch. For example: Ik ben een meisje = I am a girl. Right now, I am re-reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, by C.S. Lewis. (Dad already read it to Lev and I.) I often read it or the other Narnia books when I don’t have anything else to read.

I’m going to wrap it up now, so goodbye. Tiwonana. (That means goodbye in Chichewa.) Doei. (That means goodbye in Dutch.) 

Okay, now actually goodbye.

The one in front is me, the one behind me is Jedidja, and the one on the left is Jedidja’s little sister, Sifra. We are making art.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thea! I loved hearing from you on your mom‘s blog! Right again soon! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxox. Fjaere

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Thea! Thanks for the great details about what you are reading and examples of the languages you are learning. Details in writing add all the spice! We miss you.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, Thea!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Thea! We miss you in the neighborhood :) Joshy had a neighbor birthday party last weekend and we got everyone to do ‘Freeze Dance’ (it’s all the rage among toddlers). It is crazy to think about how tall you and Lev will be next time we see you!

Anonymous said...

Thea! Thank you for sharing a bit about your days and what you are learning. And HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! I hope the monkeys were nice to you on your birthday. We miss you in Minnesota but are glad to hear that you are doing well. - Allison F.
P.S. I drove by your MN house yesterday. There are tomato and pepper plants growing happily in the front planters!

saramwagura said...

Happy late birthday, Thea! Its fun to hear about your life and your perspective. I'm amazed at all you're able to do there and so glad that you're getting this experience!